Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating transducers
08-14-17, 01:07 PM
RE: Updating transducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

Q1. I would now like to add the DSM30 fishfinder module to the system; from what I understand from your answer above, do I need to install an additional DSM30 compatible transducer?
A1. Yes, a compatible fishfinder transducer will need to be installed. However, Raymarine no longer offers the DSM30, DSM300, and CP300. A CP370 fishfinder sounder module should be purchased to support adding fishfinder features to the system.

Q2. If so, would the In-Hull version be suitable for our fibreglass 1.5 thick hull? Would a thru-hull be more effective?
A2. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. A thru-hull transducer would be recommended for a hull having the thickness specified.

Q3. Or is there one transducer that will do the job for the ST 60 instruments, the C90W and the DSM30?
A3. Should a fishfinder sounder module and compatible transducer be installed and interfaced to the MFD, and should the instrument depth transducer be disconnected from ST60 instruments, and should the ST60 instrument be configured as a Depth repeater, then depth data processed from the C90W may be repeated on the ST60 instruments. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the temperature issue raised. Thru-hull speed/temperature transducer failure may commonly be corrected by replacement of the transducer's speed/temp insert. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may obtain transducer parts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Updating transducers - tidallife - 11-17-16, 12:41 PM
RE: Updating transducers - DaveW - 08-10-17, 06:21 PM
RE: Updating transducers - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-14-17 01:07 PM
RE: Updating transducers - DaveW - 08-14-17, 01:33 PM