The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPX 30 Drive Stop Issue
12-02-16, 01:14 PM
SPX 30 Drive Stop Issue
Hi, I have a hydraulic autopilot motor (Lecomble &Schmitt) that is controlled by a SPX30 computer and a P70 control head (although I mostly control the pilot from an e127). Lately, the AP has been dropping out citing "Drive Stopped". When I re-engage it it sits for a while saying "Setting to Auto" then either engages or drops. If it engages, it soon drops again, saying Drive Stopped.

At anchor I can keep it engaged for a minute and when I use it to turn the rudder, nothing happens. The rudder is free to turn, so no blockage. The rudder reference unit seems to work because the electronic rudder reference shows it turning when I manually turn the wheel. The drive seems to work because when I apply power to the motor output leads at the computer, the drive turns the rudders. So, it seems to me that the computer is faulty, but it is only a couple years old and I had it checked a year ago.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SPX 30 Drive Stop Issue - SVNeko - 12-02-16 01:14 PM
RE: SPX 30 Drive Stop Issue - SVNeko - 12-10-16, 11:24 AM
RE: SPX 30 Drive Stop Issue - SVNeko - 02-05-17, 02:08 PM