The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distance Log data with iTC5 and no i50
02-24-17, 03:43 AM
Distance Log data with iTC5 and no i50
I am replacing my ST60's with two i70s units and an iTC5. I will have no i50 units in the system. I also have an ST60 repeater and Wireless smart controller that will remain in the system via the ST1 to STNG converter.
Since the total cumulative distance log data resides in the original ST60 speed display, I have some questions about how a total log can be kept going forward.

1) does the iTC5 have any capability of storing total log data since the transducer would be connected to it instead of a dedicated speed display?

2) if I must retain the original ST60 speed unit in the system, I can do so via the STNG converter fairly easily, however;
a) do I have to keep the transducer connected to the ST60 in order for it to accumulate log distance, or
b) with the transducer connected to the iTC5, in that configuration would the ST60 still accumulate log distance through the Seatalk bus?

My goal is to retain the accumulated distance the ST60 kept over the life of the boat, and to be able to continue to log total distance. If the iTC5 cannot retain a total log, I would like to suggest a future enhancement so that it would be capable of doing so with no i50 speed unit in the system. Taking it a step further, it would be nice to be able to program in a distance so owners could "transfer in" log data from old instruments and be able to retain (and accumulate) a total distance log of the boat.

IMO, the i70/i70s units have made the i50 units somewhat obsolete; for about the same cost, one can get more capability out of a single display (i70) than an i50 that only displays speed or depth functions. This is the exact reason I went with two i70s units to replace my ST60's.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Distance Log data with iTC5 and no i50 - TKP62 - 02-24-17 03:43 AM