Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distance Log data with iTC5 and no i50
02-24-17, 02:00 PM
RE: Distance Log data with iTC5 and no i50
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TKP62

Q1) does the iTC5 have any capability of storing total log data since the transducer would be connected to it instead of a dedicated speed display?
A1) The iTC-5 will save logged distance only as long as it has a speed transducer interfaced to it and an i70/i70S MFID or ST70 MFID also connected to the SeaTalkng backbone and which has configured the iTC-5 to be the Speed source for the system. The iTC-5's log will not include any distance logged by an ST40/60 or i50 speed sensing instrument, or fishfinding product which has been interfaced to the system.

Q2) if I must retain the original ST60 speed unit in the system, I can do so via the STNG converter fairly easily, however;
a) do I have to keep the transducer connected to the ST60 in order for it to accumulate log distance, or
b) with the transducer connected to the iTC5, in that configuration would the ST60 still accumulate log distance through the Seatalk bus?
A2) if seeking to have the log include distance which has been previously logged by the ST60 instrument, the speed transducer must remain interfaced to the ST60 instrument and it must continue to act as the Master source for speed data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Distance Log data with iTC5 and no i50 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-24-17 02:00 PM