The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata
04-17-17, 06:51 PM
Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata
I had a previous thread on ST60 Tridata failure of depth readout - whether transducer or display. Diagnostic testing was unclear as per the culprit, so I ordered a complete i50 Tridata with transducers, and started by changing out the display only. But I have reached a snag, and not sure how to integrate with other instruments.

This is what I STARTED with:

1. ST60 Tridata depth and speed, daisy chained to ST60+ wind, and Raymarine Smartpilot
2. The Tridata cabled to a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter. The converter was powered, and then plugged into the backbone of a NMEA 2000 system.

As it was working above, all of the ST60 data was uploaded onto the NMEA 2000 network, and I could see on my B&G Zeus 2 chartplotter. Everything worked wonderfully. Even the Zeus 2 GPS waypoints were available on the autopilot - so there was two-way talking of the NMEA2000 network, to Seatalkng and then Seatalk.

So now I have changed out the ST60 Tridata, and replaced with the i50 Tridata. Was told can still use the old ST60 transducers, with the i50 Tridata and that it is compatible with Seatalk. Now here is my issue. The transducers plugged into the i50 Tridata just fine. But on the back of the i50 Tridata are two plugs labeled for Seatalkng cables. (Plus I was supposed to have a Seatalk to Seatalkng adapter cable in the box, but there was none.)

So the question is, do I just use a Seatalkng spur cable from the i50 Tridata, to the Seatalk to Seatalkng converter? Is the converter going to know this is Seatalkng coming thru, and not Seatalk? If so, will the ST60+ wind be able to see the boat speed thru water, and therefore be able to calculate true wind speed and direction? The instructions don't have any info about how to get the instrument to talk in Seatalk, rather than Seatalkng.

Or is there another way to hook this up to make it work?

Also, how do I get the Seatalk to Seatalkng adapter cable that was not in the box?

Please help! Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata - sailjumanji - 04-17-17 06:51 PM