Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum radar data cable length
05-03-17, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-17 03:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Quantum radar data cable length
Chuck, thank you for the detailed response which does help. We purchased the Quantum radar, a9x MFD, AIS, etc. at the Defender wharehouse sale in March. Before purchasing the components, we called Ray Marine technical support and were told to remove our cabling for the RL70 units (2) on board. When we purchased the new radar, the sales/technical Raymarine person, Tom, said we should not have removed the tawdry cable. Tom stated that we would now need a se
Arate data cable and power cable, which we purchased with the new unit. I thought that I could make the 10m data cable ripen all the way to the MFD, but, I cannot. I have spent days removing and replacing the new data cable and the new power cable, right up to the electrical distribution panel.

Given where we are now, would you recommend the cable joiner in your response below for the 10m data cable that I have run(the junction will be below decks), coupled with the 5m data cable we just purchased from Defender? Or, purchase a new 20m cable and start over? Many thanks for your advice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quantum radar data cable length - Hcfirstlight - 05-03-17 02:34 PM