The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic and Network Update to STng
06-13-17, 01:05 PM
E120 Classic and Network Update to STng
Hi - I have an E120 Classic MFD and ST1 network throughout my boat (installed in 2007). I recently purchased an i70s Multifunction Display RS 130 GPS Sensor and all the components to build a STng throughout my boat.

I am having some difficulties with some of the old ST1 instruments and the ST2 Keyboard, and in particular, I cannot see any of the ST1, ST2 or STng instruments under Menu/System Diagnostics/External Interfaces/SeaTalk or SeaTalk NG. The MFD freezes when I select Menu/System Devices/External Interfaces/SeaTalk NG.

All of my devices have the most recent software upgrades installed, including the ST1-STng Converters.

Attached are three SeaTalk Wiring Diagrams that I have devised for my new SeaTalk system.
- Mat-Lau III Proposed (1) installs a STng backbone throughout the boat and uses two ST1-STng Converters to split and interface the ST1 network. The ST1 network is not connected to the MFD directly with an E120 - ST1 connector cable.
-Mat-Lau III Proposed (2) maintains the original ST1 network and connects the ST1 network to the MFD via the original E120 - ST1 connector cable. The STng instruments are connected to the MFD via a seperate STng backbone via an E120 - STng connector cable. This option provides the least disruption to my original ST1 network.
-Mat-Lau III Proposed (3) is another variation to Proposal (2).

Can you please review my network diagrams and comment on which is the best arrangement and the one that is likely to give me the least amount of grief. Will these network arrangements work OK? I would prefer to leave the existing ST1 network in tack as much as possible in order to avoid extensive rewiring.

Best regards - Kevin Hiscox

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
E120 Classic and Network Update to STng - kevinvh - 06-13-17 01:05 PM