Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic and Network Update to STng
07-20-17, 01:22 PM
RE: E120 Classic and Network Update to STng
Hi Ray - I installed the new ST1 - STng network in my boat with your suggested modifications. The As-built Wiring diagram is as attached and it works great.

I now realise however, that the E120 Classic has to be switched on along with the power to the ST1 - STng network in order to get wind and depth information on the I70S from the ST1 network. In other words, the data from the ST60+ instruments has to go through the E120 Classic via the E120-ST1 cable and return to the STng network via the E120-STng cable.

I would like to show the ST60+ data on the i70s with the E120 Classic switched off. Can you review the new proposed network diagram and let me know if it will work or if it will cause loss of functionality. I know that there are multiple 12vdc power sources to the ST1 and STng networks but will this be a problem if they are coming from the same panel switch? Also, there could be a data clash with the E120 Classic receiving data from the E120-ST1 cable and the E120-STng cable. I have found that the Autopilot cannot be engaged from the E120 Classic if just the E120-ST2 cable is connected - think the ST1-STng Converter cannot handle it.

Thanks for your help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E120 Classic and Network Update to STng - kevinvh - 07-20-17 01:22 PM