Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tacktick intermittent knotmeter malfunction
09-18-17, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-17 12:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Tacktick intermittent knotmeter malfunction
Hi.. I've having pretty much the identical problem here. And, as a result of reading the recommended therapy, I purchased a brand new T911 Hull Speed transducer with the same results. Then I purchased a brand new T121 Hull Transmitter. The Hull transmitter is also connected to a Tacktick compass (which works and displays fine) BUT.. Speed when plugged into the boat rarely displays anything above 1 knot. When I test the T911 by either spinning or blowing on the wheel it only produces a speed when the wheel is spinning extraordinarily fast. Meaning I'm blowing on it full blast to produce any speed at all. After purchasing 2 brand new instruments to get the same result as before with the old.

Display is a T111. Using the display I've confirmed all normal settings for speed are as they should be. My current challenge is I need correct speed display for a regatta this coming weekend. Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tacktick intermittent knotmeter malfunction - andyoeft - 09-18-17 09:41 AM