The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9, Mobile App, and 3.1 Software Update
08-03-17, 09:49 AM
Axiom 9, Mobile App, and 3.1 Software Update
So, updated my Axiom 9's last night to the 3.1 LH3 software. Set up the WiFi connection, and started the Raycontrol app on my iPad. Awesome idea, but there are a couple issues.
1) The streaming speed is pretty slow. As the graphics get heavier, more intense, the apps slow down considerably, and eventually cease to function. It doesn't matter whether you are using the chart app or the fish finder app, although fish finder graphics are much more intense and subsequently slower to stream. 3D Vision is almost impossible to stream.
I am assuming the WiFi protocol is 802.11, at 2.4 GHz, but can you tell me if it is b, g, n, or ac? Not that it really matters that much, but knowing the sub-protocol would give me an idea of what to expect in terms of transmission capabilities.
I used the default channel 1, but, in hindsight, maybe should have changed that to something different.
2) My setup is 2 Axiom 9's, but the app only lets me look at one display at a time. To change to the other display I have to connect to its WiFi address. Do we know if this will be something that is addressed in future updates/upgrades?
My Axiom's are still connected to each other, not on a Seatalkng backbone, so maybe this issue is resolved when using a backbone.
All-in-all, spectacular idea by the Raymarine engineers. A little tweaking I suspect and it will become everything it was meant to be.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom 9, Mobile App, and 3.1 Software Update - Yogi - 08-03-17 09:49 AM