Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 4 pro wireless question
10-12-17, 03:42 PM
RE: Dragonfly 4 pro wireless question
Q1. So essentially I would be running the Navionics app from the DF4 and displaying it on the ipad using Navioncs software over wifi link.
A1. Not quite. The Dragonfly display is only designed to run Dragonfly software. The Wi-Fi settings of the tablet will be configured to connect to the Dragonfly display. The Navionics Boating app will be installed on and run on the tablet.

Q2. I would have the current GPS location of the DF4(boat) in real time displayed on the iPad with the sonar imaging. I would be stood say 80 yards away from the boat on the lake side.
A2. The Navionics Boating app is designed to display fishfinder imagery from the Dragonfly display along with detailed Navionics navigational cartography loaded within the mobile device. The position of the mobile device will be displayed within the Navionics boating app if the mobile device is able to acquire a position fix via its own position sensing circuitry. Should the mobile device be located away from the vessel, then the vessel position plotted within the Navionics boating app will not be that of the vessel, but will instead be that of the mobile device.

Q3. I imagine if this is the case I would lose a little functionality that the Wi-fish app provides such as being able to rewind and capture photo?..
A3. You may want to consider using the iPad's own screen capture feature (i.e. 1) Press the sleep/wake/power button (at the top-right or on top of your device); 2) Press the Home button (below the screen) at the same time as the sleep/wake/power button).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragonfly 4 pro wireless question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-12-17 03:42 PM