The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SeaTalkng power vs power from the distribution panel
03-21-16, 01:37 PM
SeaTalkng power vs power from the distribution panel
On my seahood above the companionway I have an I50 speed and depth as well as an I60 wind instrument. The transducers are all connected directly to these instruments. The three instruments are attached to a 5-way connector which has a SeaTalkng backbone connection to a T-connector behind my nav station where the 12v distribution panel is. From a 5A breaker on the panel I have attached a power cable to the T-connector and a blanking plug. This has been in place for over a year and working fine.
I am now adding a Ray60, eS75, and a Quantum radar as well as a AIS and Fusion radio. All of these instruments will have power supplied directly from the panel.

My question has to do with power supply. My current instrument setup has a 5A circuit attached to it as described above. If I want to share data across the established SeaTalkng network with the new equipment will that not also supply 5A to the new equipment? It seems I will be powering them from two different sources (direct from the panel and via SeaTalkng). How do I power the existing setup and network it to the new equipment?

I did find this in the eS series instillation documentation “Devices that have a low draw can be powered from the network, although high current equipment will need to have a separate power connection.” I interrupt this to mean that the 5A SeaTalkng circuit connected to the Ray60 VHF for example will not interfere or cause damage even though I will be connecting a 10A circuit to the power supply of the VHF directly from the panel.

Please clarify.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SeaTalkng power vs power from the distribution panel - TributeJ42 - 03-21-16 01:37 PM