Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading ST40 to i50/i60 system
11-08-17, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-17 10:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Upgrading ST40 to i50/i60 system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Please note that unlike the ST40 instruments which featured sockets designed to accommodate 3-pin SeaTalk cables. In contrast, the i50 and i60 instruments feature SeaTalkng sockets, which are designed to support SeaTalkng Spur Cables. Within a system lacking a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, it would be recommended that the i50 and i60 instruments be daisy chained to one another using appropriate lengths of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The i50 and i60 instruments are supplied with a 400mm SeaTalkng Cable to support such daisy chaining of closely located i50 and i60 instruments. A SeaTalkng Power Cable will be used to supply power to the i50 and i60 instruments. The existing depth and speed transducers may indeed continue to be used with the i50 instruments.

Should there be marine electronics other than the ST40 instruments which you have not yet identified, then please respond accordingly, as it may impact or require adding to the response provided above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrading ST40 to i50/i60 system - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-08-17 04:23 PM