The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar.
11-22-17, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-18 09:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA] System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar.
I currently have the following equipment:

- E80 Classic
- Open array 4 kw radar (analog)
- Raytheon RayData
- S1G Smart Pilot
- ST 8001 Controller
- Ray 54 VHF
- Transducer for depth (and possibly speed as it doesn't seem to be anywhere near accurate).

Would like to replace with:

- Two (2) Axiom 9 MFD's. My understanding is that if I network the two displays using a HS5 Raynet switch, I can use one Axiom 9 RV with RealVision and Navionics+ North America Charts and one standard Axiom 9 as a repeater and I will have all the functionality of the 9 RV on both displays, is this correct? Also, do they both have to have the Navionics charts or will the 2nd display get the Navionics info from the first?

- EV 200 Power Auto Pilot, EV-1 Sensor Core, P70R Control Head and Evolution Cabling kit, less drive and rudder reference. - From what I can tell from the Raymarine website and Forum, my current drive unit and rudder reference should work, but I would need you to confirm. It appears the Auto pilot uses a SeatalkNG connection. If this is true, is there a cable with the proper ends to connect it to the HS5 Raynet switch?

- Enhanced 4 kW HD Color Radar Pedestal w/ 48" HD scanner. If I would direct connect to the Axiom 9 RV, will I have the ability to have the radar return visible on either or both displays? Radar overlay as well?

- RV-220 (Bronze) Thru-Hull CHIRP Transducer Pack. Direct connect to one of the displays, visible on both?

- Ray 260 VHF

Will this set up provide me with the ability for all equipment to communicate with each other (including radar overlay and the ability for the autopilot to follow a course laid out on the gps from either display.)?

Would I run power to each display individually using the supplied cables and run separate power to the network via the EV 200?

Thank you,
Brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] System upgrade to new Axiom 9's, auto pilot, radar. - bkeith461 - 11-22-17 11:17 AM