Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
08-29-18, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 10:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
DRFASailboater,

Q1.
A1. The ray_Pilots-Web.upgrade.iso file contains the software updates for EV-1/ EV-2 CCUs, ACUs, p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control heads. The instructions for updating an Evolution autopilot's software call for updating the EV-1/ EV-2 CCU prior to updating the software within the ACU and autopilot control head. It is recommended that the ACU and autopilot control head be temporarily unplugged from the backbone and that the EV-1 CCU's software be updated. Upon completion, the EV-1 CCU may be unplugged from the backbone, the ACU and autopilot control head be plugged back into the backbone and then updated. Upon completion of the updates, then the EV-1 CCU may be plugged back into the backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing actions which must be undertaken following an Evolution autopilot software update.

Q2. About the placement of the item marked E70196 from the diagram. Its obvious the diagram supplied by the boat representative. Is incorrect. There is one yellow center convert told about to me from attempting to access data sources. A (S/N 1240884) while a E70196 is listed on the diagram. I have to assume there is a E70196 as i can't confirm it or (S/N 1240884) by just reading it off the side. Or back because they have been been mounted. But there are two yellow centered connections which are either or of the converters. Or both could be different. These yellow centered connections are actually located in the center at the Nav station or what could be the middle of the Sea talking spine. I assume this as i can't necessarily trace out the lengths. There is a five connector at the end where E70196 is shown to be. That has blue and white connections.
A2. Should the devices having the yellow center sockets look like the device pictured below, then they are indeed E70196 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters:

[Image: ST1%20to%20STNG%20Converter.jpg]

One of the ST-STng Converters is being used to support the SmartController's wireless base station, and the second ST-STng Converter is being used to supply GPS data in 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 format to the third party VHF radio. The part number label for these devices may be found on the bulkhead facing side of the ST-STng Converter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-29-18 10:41 AM