Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dual Axiom Configuration
02-01-18, 02:05 PM
RE: [CA] Dual Axiom Configuration
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Blazin,

Q1. If I wanted to add a thru-hull transducer, would the CPT-S Bronze High Chirp 12 degrees be the correct one or should I be using a different one? Dual RV-212 are outside of my budget. Deadrise is 13 degrees.
A1. The CPT-S transducer may not be mated to the Axiom RV MFD. Additionally, it it is designed to provide the same high CHIRP conical sonar imagery supported by the RV transducers. It would typically be advised that a 600W 50kHz/200kHz low profile thru-hull additionally be interfaced to the Axiom RV MFD via the appropriate Y-Cable. What type of sonar imaging are you seeking via the thru-hull? What is the maximum depth of water which will be fished. Only one of the two MFDs need have internal sonar circuitry. All data and resources will be shared with between the two Axiom MFD via the Ethernet network

Q2. If I used the CPT-S transducer, is the f-CPT-S adapter cable the correct cable to use?
A2. See the response to Q1.

Q3. Would it be correct to directly connect the CPT-S to one display and the the RV-100 to the 2nd display and then network them?
A3. See the response to Q1.

Q4. Is there a way to default both displays to use the CPT-S as the default transducer for chirp and use the RV-100 as the default for all other sonar types?
A4. See the response to Q1.

Q5. Is there any way to network the 2 axiom displays with an rmk-10 remote without buying the extra HS5 Network switch? For example, connect RMK-10 to master Axiom via raynet and then connect master axiom to slave via NMEA 2000 network.
A5. As the Axiom MFDs feature only one Ethernet communications interface, the system would need to include a HS5 RayNet Network Switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Dual Axiom Configuration - blazin - 01-29-18, 01:00 PM
RE: [CA] Dual Axiom Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-01-18 02:05 PM