The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Can't calibrate wind transducer through i70s
03-06-18, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 04:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Can't calibrate wind transducer through i70s
I just installed an iTC-5, an i70S and an i60 wind instrument. I’ve connected the existing ST-50 era wind, depth and speed transducers to the iTC-5. I’ve updated the software on all components to the latest versions. The iTC-5 shows steady green lights for the wind and depth transducers and a flashing green for the speed transducer.

When I try to calibrate the transducers through the i70S, the depth works fine (and the depth shows up over the Seatalkng network on the e9 chartplotter), the speed transducer is not detected and so I will replace the paddle wheel insert. The wind transducer calibration starts with telling me to “turn vessel in a circle”, which I do and then I get the message “keep turning” (see attached image). I expected to turn twice to complete the calibration, but even after six or more circles, the “keep turning” message is still displayed and nothing on the i70S display changes.

I checked the voltages on the wind transducer wires at the junction box at the base of the mast and at the iTC-5. All were within the ranges described in the relevant Raymarine forum article, except that red to shield was 7.75 volts DC steady at both test points. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Can't calibrate wind transducer through i70s - JohnRE - 03-06-18 08:29 PM