Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Instrument Settings via Network
04-03-18, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-18 04:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Instrument Settings via Network
rsqunit,

Q1. When I set the AIS alarm to off on one of them, the setting did not propagate to the other.
A1. I was unable to duplicate the reported issue with the to i70S within my system ... i.e. responding to the alarm on one of the i70S caused the other i70S to cease alarming. One should not expect that cancelling the AIS alarm from the MFD will cancel the AIS alarm on an i70/i70S MFID. Accordingly, should the i70/i70S MFIDs be installed in close proximity to a MFD, then it would typically be recommended that the AIS alarm be configured ON within the nearby i70/i70S MFID. The i70S MFIDs within my system were running v3.11 software. What version of software is installed within each of your i70S MFIDs?

Q2. When I created a custom screen on one i70s unit, it was not available on the other.
A2. Feature settings requiring relatively low bandwidth communications such as time & date, units, language, boat type, boat details, variation, brightness levels, alarm settings, etc. are designed to be shared among networked i70/i70S MFIDs. Unfortunately, while the feature which you have referenced may be supported by compatible Raymarine Multifunction Displays (MFDs) when interfaced to one another via an Ethernet communications network, the same is not supported by Raymarine Multifunction Instrument Displays (MFIDs) which are interfaced to one another via a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Instrument Settings via Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-03-18 12:29 PM