Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] AIS 250 Install
05-14-18, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-18 09:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] AIS 250 Install
Good Morning Chuck,

I created a new drawing and the only difference between the old and the new I included the DSC/VHF Radio and associated connection. The radio was installed directly to the 3 pin seatalk port. The installer just spliced the two leads out from the radio to whatever cable that directly input to the 3 pin port on the C120.

I tried to understand you reply and I am having a hard time trying to figure out what you mean when you say " two powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbones. One backbone will include the Yamaha engine gateway and the C-Series Classic MFD as spurs. "

Would this mean that I use a 5 way connector as the backbone and one spur to the Yamaha Gateway and the other spur to the C120? Obviously if this is the case I will put terminators in the open blue ends and a black one in the remaining open one. Additionally if this is correct for this part of the install which port on the C120 would the spur cable input to? My attempt to draw out your recomendation is named "SeaTalk_" and my system drawing with the dsc/vhf update is named "SeaTalk"

I would like to correct the auto pilot per your instructions even though it has worked with no issues at the present set up. If it is prudent to move this thread to the autopilot section please do. I will then review what I have to do to connect the AIS250 to the new configuration.

Finally if my drawing named "SeaTalk_" is correct what would be the method of connecting the GPS and C120 together as you suggest?
" The SeaTalk bus (3-pin network) including the C-Series Classic MFD and GPS sensor will be interface to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk To SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, as the SeaTalk communications socket (3-pin) of the C-Series Classic is designed to supply power to a SeaTalk bus, the SeaTalk cable connecting it to the SeaTalk bus must be cut and then its yellow and shield leads spliced back together. The cable's red leads will not be spliced back together and will be insulated to prevent shorting. "

Thank You for your time and expertice.
Chris

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] AIS 250 Install - solomon - 05-06-18, 05:53 PM
RE: [CA] AIS 250 Install - solomon - 05-09-18, 06:46 PM
RE: [CA] AIS 250 Install - solomon - 05-14-18 01:47 PM
RE: [CA] AIS 250 Install - solomon - 05-18-18, 07:31 AM