The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] es127 touch screen failure
05-25-18, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-18 09:10 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] es127 touch screen failure
Touch screen has ceased to work properly. History - worked perfectly for 1.5 years until recently. Failure was touch stopped working but occasionally it would act as if it received a touch, but very specific. If the screen was a data screen, then a beep is heard and the screen behaves as if it received a Menu -> Customize input. If not a data screen then you hear a beep but nothing happens. This occurs in 3 secs to a minute. Luckily disabling touch stops this behaviour. The screen works normally in manual control mode. The screen is thoroughly washed with fresh water and dried with microfiber but it makes no difference. The behavior happened only rarely. But on a 10 day passage, the first failure was after 36 hours, reboot solved, then failed after 24 hours, reboot solved, then started requiring 2 or 3 reboots to function with failures happening within the hour. Each time the screen was cleaned. The failure initially occurred after MOB was pressed then reset using v17 software - but was rare. Upgraded to v19 software and the failure became more prominent, until the trip. Now when I turn the display on cold, it will fail within 10 minutes, usually quicker. If I turn on my radar, failure is immediate. Interesting side bit is that id I disable touch while it is working, then when I enable it - no touch. Only a reboot brings touch is back. Very frustrating. I have not done a factory reset because Raymarine is unclear what data will not be restored. I have a lot of custom data screens. Do I need to recreate all of these?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] es127 touch screen failure - pwagsc - 05-25-18 04:32 PM