Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG11] Installation of EV 100 with older ST60+ depth and speed instruments
05-29-18, 07:09 PM
RE: [TG11] Installation of EV 100 with older ST60+ depth and speed instruments
Hello choroj,

I can't comment on specific drawings in the installation manual because I think I'm looking at a different issue of the manual - the document 87180-4 that I'm looking at has no drawing on p18. However:

ST60/ST60+ use Seatalk1, not SeatalkNG. You need a Seatalk1-SeatalkNG convertor (part E22158 for a kit, R52131 for the bare convertor only, see http://www.raymarine.com.au/view/?id=400...7&col=1597 for details). The ST1-STNG convertor becomes part of the STNG backbone (connected in via a backbone cable), whilst you connect the supplied ST1 cable to any free ST1 port in the existing ST60 system.

You need a single power supply to the combined ST1-STNG network: the convertor passes this power through. You will already have power on ST1, so don't also supply power on the STNG side (do not connect the STNG red cable.) The ACU100 will require its own power as it draws too much to be powered from STNG, but it won't pass that power through to STNG (larger ACUs can, the ACU100 won't.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Installation of EV 100 with older ST60+ depth and speed instruments - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-29-18 07:09 PM