Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Advice on electronics upgrade (new MFD + Radar from C90W)
06-21-18, 08:39 AM
RE: [CA11] Advice on electronics upgrade (new MFD + Radar from C90W)
Teo,

Q1a. the recommendation of Axiom Pro vs Axiom is related mainly to the HybridyTouch, I'd assume, correct?
A1a. Correct. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q1b. I've a concern related to size, as the pedestal real estate is limited on a 36' and was considering a 7' Axiom. In case of bad weather, I'd still have available the old one below deck and / or I could use the remote keybord, correct?
A1b. Per the FAQ referenced within the response to Q1a, an Axiom MFD may be used with a RMK-9/10 to permit its touchscreen to be deactivated and then support commands initiated via the RMK-9/10.

Q2. if the AIS receiver is connected to the C90W via NMEA0183, would C90W relay the sentences via the SeatalkNG network?
A2. Negative. It is recommended that the AIS receiver/transceiver be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to support use by both MFDs.

Q3. yes, I should have a spare socket on the hub (need to double check), but would the Axiom take power from that or do I need to bring separate power?
A3. Negative. MFDs are designed to be powered via the power cable packaged with the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Advice on electronics upgrade (new MFD + Radar from C90W) - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-21-18 08:39 AM