Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Interfacing ST2000+ and i60
12-05-18, 10:56 AM
RE: [DG] Interfacing ST2000+ and i60
Hi garveypeter

Thank you for your enquiry.

The best advice is to treat NMEA2000, SeaTalk and STng as separate networks, use this as a starting point to wire everything up and follow the rules for each network.

For example create a STng backbone, with terminators each end and then power it up at the central point to ensure a balanced load. Connect each STng device to the backbone via a spur cable to a T piece or multiple spur connector in the backbone, power this up and check it all operates and shares data as expected.

Next add the NMEA2000 equipment into the STng backbone, connecting in the same way as STng spurs - except you will need the STng to Devicenet adapter cables - again check that all the devices operate correctly and data is shared correctly and displayed correctly. More advice is available here

Finally use the E22158 Converter to connect the ST2000+ and the base station for the smartcontroller to the STng backbone - make sure though that the power wire in the SeaTalk cable, ( red) is NOT connected to the converter.

These FAQs will give more detail on the connections that you make as well as why you should connect SeaTalk in this way

regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG] Interfacing ST2000+ and i60 - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-05-18 10:56 AM