Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Lighthouse II Diagnostics Feature
07-16-18, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 12:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse II Diagnostics Feature
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the log, that's great.

I hope I can set your mind at rest: whatever the reason why you're not always seeing the AIS in the Device list, is is consistently communicating on the network throughout this log-file.

To test this, I've filtered out all messages not coming from your AIS (network address 0x2b) and graphed the AIS's messages alone over time, and there's a straight-line relationship between message number and message time-stamp, no gaps (graph attached). If the AIS were stopping talking on NMEA2000 for any appreciable period, you'd see abrupt steps in the line (large gaps between time-stamps - the Y-axis - in consecutive AIS messages.) We're getting roughly 30 messages/second from the AIS, on average.

Regards,
Tom

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse II Diagnostics Feature - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-16-18 01:53 AM