The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Dockside setup requirement underway?
07-18-18, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Dockside setup requirement underway?
Hello:

I have a ACU 400 Autopilot 2.23 ((RSCP V1 L4)) with the P70 controller (3.07) and EV1 sensor (2.18 (RSCP V1 L4)). Our boat is a 46', monohull that is about 40,000#

I also carry a complete spare autopilot system "in the box" that have also been updated to the above noted software versions.

Scenario; I am 2000 miles from shore (Panama to the Marquesas Islands) and the autopilot quits and I need to change it out.

How do I set it up if I need to the "dockside wizard"? A few weeks ago on this crossing (I am now in the Marquesas) my Linear Drive did malfunction. I was able to change it out quickly but this got me to thinking what would I need to do if it were the ACU 400? We are continuing on a world circumnavigation so it would be nice to know.

Additionally, in a related matter, if I were to change the Autopilot settings to "another boat type" as the manual suggests while at sea, the manual also calls for a Dockside wizard calibration. While the latest version of the software HAS improved the autopilot handling in heavy "following seas" it is still not able to handle our boat correctly in this scenario. (I note that the Rudder Gain is no longer available to me with this software version) Could you please advise a boat setting that may work as well? BTW, we are still 800 NM from the nearest "dock".

Kind regards,

Robert Mackie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Dockside setup requirement underway? - bmackie - 07-18-18 05:35 PM