Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100
09-10-18, 11:48 PM
RE: [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100
Hi Stefan,

Sorry - dealer training this time...

The ECI100 unfortunately won't do what you need it to in the installation method in your drawing: it'll take in and retransmit engine data, but can't stop the existing engine data from being on the network so you'll likely end up with conflicting data. It's designed to be the meeting point or bridge between two separate, powered and terminated networks.

Have you given our US tech support team a call about this? What I would be doing if you were in my region (Australia-New Zealand) is sending you a black-box data logger that can record the NMEA2000, then analysing the data when you sent it back. Perhaps my colleagues over there can do the same. If you speak with someone there, feel free to get them to drop me a mail so we can work out a solution between us.

Re. a local deaeler: we get our local dealers to use a $200 USB PC-CANbus interface and some software to look at the network traffic. If all else failed, anyone with one of those interfaces would be able to gather the data that would solve the problem pretty quickly.
Or, do you have a friend who has a different model MFD that can view or record raw NMEA2000 data that you can get to me?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-10-18 11:48 PM