Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES128 and ES127 Not Displaying Engine Data on IPS Boat
04-22-16, 07:41 AM
RE: ES128 and ES127 Not Displaying Engine Data on IPS Boat
Chuck, again I appreciate your input and it is getting much clearer to understand. Wish I had contacted you several months back to get advice before purchasing the Volvo IPS Gateway.

I was under the assumption that there must have been a Volvo IPS Gateway already installed in the boat as the engine data was being output to the original Garmin MFD but sounds like that might not be if Garmin and Volvo are working together. Next is the autopilot. Will the Volvo IPS Gateway with the Volvo Penta NMEA 2000 interface together support BOTH the engine data and the Autopilot or do I need a separate set for each? Also, are there any special Raymarine Cables needed with that set up? I don't see a diagram where that hooks into like the great diagram for the ECI-100 which shows connection into the Volvo Multilink Hub.

If I need two sets of the above then I think I am better off to remove the Volvo Gateway that I purchased for the autopilot and just use ECI-100's.

Thank you again for your help. John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ES128 and ES127 Not Displaying Engine Data on IPS Boat - JohnBRI - 04-22-16 07:41 AM