Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES128 and ES127 Not Displaying Engine Data on IPS Boat
04-22-16, 12:22 PM
RE: ES128 and ES127 Not Displaying Engine Data on IPS Boat
John,

Q1. Will the Volvo IPS Gateway with the Volvo Penta NMEA 2000 interface together support BOTH the engine data and the Autopilot or do I need a separate set for each?
A1. If I understand the intent of your question, then both of these devices will be required if you are seeking to interface the engine system to an autopilot and that your are additionally seeking to display engine data on the Raymarine MFDs. With respect to the Volvo IPS Autopilot Gateway, only one Volvo IPS Autopilot Gateway would be installed for a pair of IPS engines. I would recommend checking with Volvo regarding whether a NMEA 2000 interfaces will be required for each engine.

Q2: Also, are there any special Raymarine Cables needed with that set up?
A2: The Volvo IPS Gateway with the Volvo Penta NMEA 2000 interface feature DeviceNet male or female sockets. A pair of SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Adapter Cables of the proper gender would be needed to interface the Volvo IPS Gateway with the Volvo Penta NMEA 2000 interface as spurs to the SeaTalkng backbone.

Q3. I don't see a diagram where that hooks into like the great diagram for the ECI-100 which shows connection into the Volvo Multilink Hub.
A3. Unfortunately, the requested diagram has not been produced. You may want to check with Volvo to determine whether they have a diagram showing how their engine systems would be interfaced to a NMEA 2000 backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ES128 and ES127 Not Displaying Engine Data on IPS Boat - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-22-16 12:22 PM