Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Losing the GPS Signal and "Go To" Function
07-18-19, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-19 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Losing the GPS Signal and "Go To" Function
Hi Chuck, I too have the same problem, a new Axiom Pro mounted on the trunnion bracket in a yacht cockpit. Exposed to the sky but below a fixed glass windscreen and sprayhood. The software stops following a route after an AIS and GPS lost signal alerts. This is happening every time I sail. From the log, the GPS signal is lost and re-found within a second but the go-to / route-follow is immediately stopped. I previously had a C90W in the same physical location, on the same yacht, using the internal GPS and never lost a route-follow in 10 years (although I did occasionally briefly lose GPS signal). It seems there is no tolerance for a brief loss of GPS position data with the 'follow-route ' function on the Axiom Pro / Lighthouse software (I have the latest version installed). The Axiom GPS seems to functions correctly, showing 20+ satellites and find's its location within 30 seconds of starting the MFD. The software is 'auto stopping' the programmed route mid-passage which is very frustrating as you have to restart the route and advance the waypoints to the correct position. I do not believe an Axiom mounted in a yacht cockpit should need an external GPS unit, is this a problem with software?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Losing the GPS Signal and "Go To" Function - RGG - 07-18-19 08:39 AM