The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] XM weather zone forcasts
08-13-18, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-18 01:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] XM weather zone forcasts
We just completed a 10 day, 400 mile trip around Lake Huron and the North Channel. I have a host of new Raymarine equipment on my boat and for the most part, it functioned impressively. Prior to the trip both myself and one of the other boats in our group subscribed to the Sirius/XM offshore weather service. While reviewing the zone forecast I noticed the forecast took much longer to populate on my equipment than that of the others (about 15 minutes vs 5). I also discovered that my chart plotters (Axiom 9 and 9RV with a SR150) showed only the US zones while the Simrad equipment showed the Canadian zones and text forecasts as well. Is there a known reason as to why these zones do not populate on my Raymarine equipment? I called Sirius/XM and they sent a new signal to make sure it wasn't on their end. Living in the area of the Great Lakes that I do, I spend a fair amount of time in Canadian water. I would be of great value to have access to these zone forecast. The trip let me really exercise my equipment and features. I had a couple of other issues pop up that I will address in an additional post as they are not pertinent to the weather function, but they appear to be related to the Navionic's chart card.

Thanks,
Brian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] XM weather zone forcasts - bkeith461 - 08-13-18 03:39 PM