Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] 3rd party software request VNC client
10-11-18, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-18 07:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 3rd party software request VNC client
Dear Tom,

I see your point that having a VNC client might seem niche at first view but my point is:
- I am essentially trying to get some insight into my NMEA data and after 4-5 update it seems the axiom is getting plently of "exciting" feature for people with specific (not to say niche) needs but still no NMEA debugging or logging as requested a while ago:
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=3646

- Also my use case is to actually have some of these "core" data displayed on my watch and logged too (I guess this is usefull to at least some people)

- the cheapest most practical and less time consuming way I found to make up for the AXIOM not having these core features already is a 50$ raspberry, a 20$ CAN adapter (openplotter and signalK software) and 20$ for a waterproof case.

- I understand there is no evident "financial" direct buisness case for it and probably it's a solution you don't understand nor want to promote but it makes your system more open, capable and attractive to people with some insight whose needs are different from what seems to be the current focus of your meetings.
(i.e. drone flying, watching movies on netflix, lighting up the water in pink or augmented reality vs. actual sailing)

Thank you for your answers and time, and thank you for the amount of new features you continously keep adding to the system.

p.s. I said that but, but admitedly the drone thing is pretty nice and I might end up getting a mavic pro 2 or 3 next summer if the app remains compatible with the available models at that time.
Oh and my sail race boat is too small for an XL anyway so that wasn't an option..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3rd party software request VNC client - sailshade - 10-11-18 04:17 AM