The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot Control eS127 / S3G / ST8001
10-07-18, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-18 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot Control eS127 / S3G / ST8001
Hi Chuck,

First of all I have been a member of this forum for the last couple months. I am impressed with the thoroughness of the answers and FAQs.

I am trying to control my Raymarine autopilot from my MFD. I swear during the sea trial that the MFD could see/control the autopilot, however now the autopilot shows a Red X over the Pilot icon. Here is what I have:
a) Raymarine eS127 MFD running v19.03-00036.
b) Raymarine S3G autopilot Computer
c) Raymarine ST8001 autopilot controller

Attached are pictures showing about how my system is configured/wired:
1) PIC1: Diagnostics/Select Device menu of MFD showing current version numbers.
2) PIC 2: SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNG converter block
a) Blue 1: Black/blue cable is spliced to red cable and is connected to Fusion stereo remote keypad and Fusion radio head.
b) White 2: Black/red cable goes into 20A fuse marked "#4 Chart Plotter" (see PIC 7)
c) Yellow 3: Black/white cable is spliced w/black electrical tape to cable with old style Fusion connector going into back of ST8001 autopilot controller. (See PIC 3)
d) White 4: Connected into STng port on back of eS127 MFD. (See PIC 5)
3) PIC 3: Back of ST8001
a) Left SeaTalk: Black/white cable is spliced w/ black electrical tape to cable going to SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNG converter block. (See PIC 2)
b) Right SeaTalk: Black cable goes into SeaTalk terminals on S3G autopilot computer. (See PIC 4)
4) PIC 4: S3G autopilot wire terminals
a) Fluxgate
b) Rudder
c) NMEA1 - wired into terminal block (see PIC 6)
d) SeaTalk - wired into ST8001 (see PIC 3)
e) Power - to wire block (yellow) and Autopilot switch on dash (Red)
5) PIC 5: Back of eS127
a) Transducer
b) STng - Connected to SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkNG converter block (see PIC 2)
c) Network - not in use
d) Network - cable goes off down starboard side of boat (may go to Radar?)
e) HDMI - not in use
f) PWR/Video/0183 - Power goes to goes into 20A fuse marked "#4 Chart Plotter" (see PIC 7) , Video not in use, 0183 wires go into wiring block (see PIC 6)
g) GA150 - not in use
6) PIC 6: Block for NMEA 0183 wires
a) 0183 wires from SG3 Autopilot Computer (see PIC 4)
b) 0183 wires from eS127 (see PIC 5)
c) 0381 wires from iCom VHF radio
d) potentially other wires (all not traced)
7) PIC 7: Fuse block
a) #4 "Chart Plotter" - 1x red wire to eS127 and 1x red wire to Sea Talk1 to SeaTalk NG converter (Black/Red cable) (see PIC 2)
b) #6 "Auto Pilot" - red wire to dashboard switch marked Auto Pilot

QUESTIONS:
1) Can the S3G Autopilot Computer / ST8001 Autopilot Controller be controlled from the eS127?
2) If yes, is there anything wrong with how this is wired that would let the MFD send messages to the autopilot via 0183 but not via SeaTalk?
3) If no, do I need to upgrade both the computer and controller to something that the MFD can control?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Autopilot Control eS127 / S3G / ST8001 - hynespa - 10-07-18 08:09 PM