Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot Control eS127 / S3G / ST8001
10-10-18, 10:09 AM
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Control eS127 / S3G / ST8001
Hi Chuck,

First of all thank you so much for the detailed and knowledgeable response. I am so glad that I found this forum!

Based on your guidance, I created the attached wiring diagrams which I have attached to this reply:

1) SeaTalk1/SeaTalkng/NMEA2000 diagram showing Raymarine model number of each component and how each item should be networked together.

2) NMEA0183 wiring diagram showing which devices should be talking to which listening devices via NMEA communications. I also indicated available NMEA listening / talking connections that exist but will not be in use.

Follow up questions:

1) Do you mind taking a look at the attached Chuck to see if I misinterpreted your earlier coaching?

2) I would eventually like to add a Raymarine S100 remote or E15023 SmartController to my setup. Does it matter if I plug the base station into the back of the ST8001 or the D244?

3) If I want to maintain the ability to control my autopilot from my eS127 MFD, should I avoid upgrading the MFD to Lighthouse III?

Thanks again - the helpful and detailed responses your provide on this forum are really a great benefit to Raymarine customers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Autopilot Control eS127 / S3G / ST8001 - hynespa - 10-10-18 10:09 AM