Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
10-10-18, 10:55 AM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
Thank you so much Chuck for your detailed reply. We have found it to be extremely helpful! So, after some further testing as you suggested, we feel that the 'backbone' of the autohelm to be defunct due to the lightning.

The autohelm control head does not display any rudder info, heading, nor command the autopilot. Our MFD 'List Devices' does show the ST to STng converter, however the data shows 3 dashes. Our conclusion is that:

*the Raytheon wind instrument needs to be replaced with the i60,
*the Tri-data needs to be replaced with the i50
*the ST-STng converter is defunct but possibly wouldn't need replacing if we upgrade everything?
*the MFD (Raymarine A98) is fine
*the Raymarine radar system is fine (tested on the MFD and appears to be working)
*the Raytheon 'Multi-Display' that we have inside at the nav station does not work at all- would this need to be replaced with the i70?

Lastly, as the Raytheon type 100/300 autohelm backbone is done for, I assume it cannot be replaced since it is old technology. What would be your suggestion here? Would the entire autopilot need to be replaced, or is there a way we can keep some of the hard-to-install components of our current autohelm and get it working again? We believe the drive unit that we have is a linear drive type 2 (short).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - svbloom - 10-10-18 10:55 AM