Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
10-15-18, 02:21 PM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
Hi Chuck- Thanks so much for that. I agree that the best option here will be to switch everything and run 100% STng. We are in Mexico and there really are no electrical resources where we are at, so I will be doing all of this wiring myself. That said, I need to make sure of two things: 1) That I order all the parts/wires/replacement components that I'll need 2) That I understand what wires go where and how things are connected.

A couple of questions for you:
1) I read online that there is a iTC-5 transducer converter kit that may be needed for speed/depth/wind. Is this the case? Do I need just one kit, or one for each transducer? It is still a possibility that the transducers were affected also by the lightning. if this is the case, we would need to replace them. I assume we'd also need to run all new wiring then? (The wiring through the mast for the wind transducer is my biggest concern)

2. Is there a diagram available at all for how the wiring would run for this setup? (ie. what is connected to what, etc.) I assume upgrading everything to STng will mean no ST to STng converters or junction blocks needed, but possibly the iTC-5 converter mentioned above. Your comments would be appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - svbloom - 10-15-18 02:21 PM