Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] upgrade from E120 to Axiom Pro will my older radar etc work
11-19-18, 09:49 AM
RE: [CA11] upgrade from E120 to Axiom Pro will my older radar etc work
RD,

The currently installed SPX autopilot may indeed be used with and Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. However, before removing the currently installed MFD, it is recommended that the MFD be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software and that it be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to then permit the software within the software within ST70 Autopilot Control Head and SPX autopilot course computer to also be updated. Alternatively, these components may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer or may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be receive software updates. When interfaced to the new MFD running LightHouse 3 software, the autopilot will be able to track to a waypoint and follow a route by using the autopilot's control head to command the autopilot into Auto, Track, and Standby modes in much the same way that had been supported with the currently installed E-Series Classic MFD. From an installation standpoint, interfacing the MFD running LightHouse 3 software to the autopilot would simply require that the MFD's NMEA 2000 socket be interfaced as a spur to the aforementioned backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] upgrade from E120 to Axiom Pro will my older radar etc work - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-19-18 09:49 AM