Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] How can I lower the minimum height of 33 feet in the UAV app?
11-20-18, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-18 03:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] How can I lower the minimum height of 33 feet in the UAV app?
Hello ray18,

33' / 10m is indeed the minimum that our software currently allows. The thinking behind this is that the platform that the UAV is launched from is in motion, so we want it to rapidly rise about the boat's superstructure to avoid risk of a collision. For example, if a user points their flybridge cruiser upwind and goes to idle or neutral to launch from the cockpit, the boat could drift back down on the UAV after launch if it doesn't lift quickly.

I agree that this doesn't necessarily suit every user, but this is one of those occasions when we've needed to make a compromise and chosen the safer option.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] How can I lower the minimum height of 33 feet in the UAV app? - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-20-18 01:24 AM