Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70
11-22-18, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-19 11:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70
Hello Harald,

Thanks for the detailed info about what's in your system and what you're looking to achieve, that helps give you an informed answer.

I'd go with Option 2.

Option 1 ought to work, but since there have been no software updates for ST70 since 2011 it will not support any modifications to the NMEA2000 standard released since then. Regarding the freezing though, I'd check that it does indeed have the latest (v3.04) software.

Option 3 is the least desirable option in my opinion. Multiple conversions can introduce problems such as 'stale' data relaying between networks, missing data such as magnetic variation and local time offset, different depth/speed unit preference (feet/metres) in different parts of the system, and more. I always recommend avoiding multiple conversions unless there is no alternative. The fewer networks, the better.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-22-18 12:47 AM