Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine A128 and S1G to NMEA 2000
11-27-18, 02:58 PM
RE: [CA11] Raymarine A128 and S1G to NMEA 2000
Tim,

Q1. So do I leave the P70 connected to the S1G Seatalk port and then connect the second S1G Seatalk port to the converter?
A1. Yes. In doing so, ensure that the red lead of the SeaTalk cable connecting the ST-STng Converter to the S1G is not connect to the red terminal of the S1Gs SeaTalk port. Instead, this red lead will be insulated to prevent shorting.

Q2. The A128 will just connect directly to the backbone?
A2. Yes. The a128 MFD will be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Q3. I have attached a simple diagram of the current network. I plan to eventually replace each Garmin with an Axiom type unit over the next few years.
A3. If planning to install Axiom/Axiom Pro MFDs in the future, then it would not be recommended that an a128 MFD be installed within the system, as it would be limited to data available from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Instead, were an Axiom 12 or Axiom Pro S 12 MFD installed instead of the proposed a128 MFD, then all Raymarine MFDs within the future system would be capable of sharing all of the system's resources via the Ethernet network used to link the Raynarine Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFDs to one another. The a-Series MFDs cannot be interfaced to an Ethernet network which also features Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Raymarine A128 and S1G to NMEA 2000 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-27-18 02:58 PM