Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Autohelm T300 computer & Raymarine Smart Heading Sensor via NMEA
12-24-18, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-18 11:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Autohelm T300 computer & Raymarine Smart Heading Sensor via NMEA
Thanks Tom... your reply is very clear and helpful. May I have been using this "vintage" pilot quite successfully in the last 9 yrs while sailing around the world. However I find that on rolly seas, it is difficult to adjust Response Level / Gain combination to keep the pilot from over-steering. I suspect it comes from the fluxgate hence my question about SHS. Adding a gyro help keeps a tight course but that is not my issue. And let me add that my fluxgate is located on the pitch/yaw pivoting point of my sailboat and slightly above water level.

That being said:
a) Any suggestions to help quiets down my busy pilot on a rolly seas ?
b) On the continuum of pilots generations (T150/T400/S1/S2/S3)...is there a point where there was a significant evolution in the brain on these pilot that made them better in rolly conditions and in the affirmative, why and what was added (software or better fluxgate) ?

Regards,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Autohelm T300 computer & Raymarine Smart Heading Sensor via NMEA - Sailing_Sergio - 12-24-18 03:58 PM