The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i50/i60 upgrade
12-17-18, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-18 11:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i50/i60 upgrade
Hi, I am in the process of upgrading my st50 wind, speed and depth with the package I recently purchased. The boat is a 1997 Catalina 42 and I believe the old instruments came on the boat new. It was setup so turning on the autopilot at the panel all of the instruments came on. From everything I read the new instruments should work with my old transducers, especially the wind since that transducer was upgraded by me a few years ago and read high with the st50. I cut off the round plugs and ran the power wires "color for color" and the provided seatalk cables between the instruments. None of the instruments work and trying them one by one the auto helm goes from working to beeping with "STLK fail" message. I would expect the instruments to light up, show some reading or movement or something but they all act like they are dead! Is there a way I can "bench test" each instrument to make sure the problem is my wiring and not an instrument from a bad batch or damaged in shipping? Thanks,
Jim in California
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] i50/i60 upgrade - flibbertigibbet - 12-17-18 10:57 AM