The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Winter electronics upgrade
12-19-18, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-18 11:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Winter electronics upgrade
I hav a 2004 Formula 34PC with twin 496 Mercs. All Raymarine and I want to upgrade and add some components. I do not have engine data (smart craft or other). AIS was installed in 2015. Attached are diagrams of the current configuration and my proposed configuration. I am looking for verification of the networks, connectivity and any advice you can give me. There is an existing NMEA0183 I believe is due to the VHF limitations which I was not planning on replacing unless otherwise advised.

Here is my plan:
1- Add engine data using Mercury gateway with NMEA2000 output. I was told I would need to connect the gateway to a Raymarine ECI100 (item 5 on proposed drawing).
2- Replace C80 with Axiom 9 or 12.
3- Add I70 to display engine data. I know I can read this on the Axiom however I want this available all time.
4- Add Seatalk ng network to connect Axiom, I70 and ECI100
5- Add Seatalk to Seatalk ng converter for connection to existing Raymarine electronics. Need recommendation for part (item 3 on drawing)
6- The AIS650 and VHF are connected to a NMEA0183 network which has a feed from the GyroPlus 2. Currently the AIS has a connection to the C80 @38,400. I am not sure how this will now connect to the Axiom or the Seatalk ng network. I need a suggestion here. This is item 2 on the proposed drawing. I would rather not mess with the NMEA0183 network if I don't have to however if it is recommended, I would need to recommendation to what VHF to replace it with and how to connect it to the AIS which is ng but more importantly the signal from the GryoPlus 2. I would be willing to replace the VHF is this is highly recommended but would rather leave that alone and connect Via item 2 on the drawing.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Big&Easy eletronics upgrade 2019.pdf (Size: 574.63 KB / Downloads: 286)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Winter electronics upgrade - Lrpopp - 12-19-18 08:24 PM