The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot current limit Type 1 hyd pump
12-28-18, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-18 10:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Autopilot current limit Type 1 hyd pump
Hello, I have a Raymarine Type 1 hydraulic drive pump which is getting CURRENT LIMIT alarms on the ST6001 control head and shifting to STANDBY. This is a new development. No similar alarms for the past 4 years of my ownership. All that I know from previous owner is the AP was installed prior to 2002.
After reading the other post on CURRENT LIMIT:
I measured the motor current with a clamp-on DC ammeter while inputting +10 degree changes, then -10. Current is about 14 to 16 amps driving the hydraulic pump with the boat at standstill. Max amps measured was 19.5 when trips to STANDBY. Rudder swings with little resistance when disconnected from the ram. Not bound in any way.
When I attempted to disconnect the motor from the pump base, some fluid leaked out. Maybe 2 tablespoons worth before I put it back together and no leaks. Does this mean a bad seal?
So, can this unit be rebuilt or replaced with like kind?
Is this a motor problem like brush replacement job? I would prefer not to have to break into the hydraulic side if possible.
If so, can you only replace the motor?
Archie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Autopilot current limit Type 1 hyd pump - highwire - 12-28-18 07:27 PM