Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Newer MFD compatibility with e95
02-11-19, 05:24 PM
RE: [CA11] Newer MFD compatibility with e95
Rdubs,

Q1. My apologies, I don’t think an Axiom would work well on my sailboat because the MFD’s can get wet and the knob / mini-joystick is key.
A1. Again, I wasn't recommending an Axiom MFD to replace your failed e95 as they're incompatible. For the benefit of others who may be reading this post, Axiom Pro MFDs or a RMK-10 would be recommended for Axiom or Axiom XL MFD which was installed in a location which would not be conducive to dependable touchscreen operation.

Q2. So it sounds like I could get an eS9X to talk to the e95, including sharing radar and chart data if the eS was running the same lighthouse 2 version as the e95?
A2. Yes. As specified within my last response, like a/c/e/gS-Series MFDs, eS-Series MFDs may be mixed and matched in any combination or with any model of a/c/e/gS-Series MFD.

Q3. Last question, would the eS9X work with the regular depth sounder (it’s the one that has the transducer on one side and the speed log on the other)? Or to get that to work would I need to use only the 97 but not the 98, etc?
A3. I'm confused about these questions. You never stated what the depth/speed transducer which you referenced within your initial query had been directly interfaced to. The original pretext was the a single MFD would be purchased to replace damaged e95 MFD. Are you seeking to replace both MFDs? If considering a single MFD and an eS97 MFD instead of an eS98 MFD, then the eS97 MFD may be interfaced to a compatible 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder Depth/Speed/Temperature transducer to support use of the 50kHz, 200kHz, DownVision, (CHIRP) Sonar, and SideVision fishfinder channels on either of the system's MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Newer MFD compatibility with e95 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-11-19 05:24 PM