Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from E7 to Axiom 9 - cables/converters needed?
02-13-19, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-19 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from E7 to Axiom 9 - cables/converters needed?
Winter has temporarily descended upon us, sorry for delayed response- snow is fairly foreign here and disrupts things more so than parts of Canada where it is a usual winter occurrence!

Here is a link to a series of photos, showing the wiring and routing of the Raymarine system, including the E7 serial and connection plugs, and the various manual covers, showing exact models and dates. https://photos.app.goo.gl/cdrKA9SD6Qrmo9zAA

So currently, the integrated Raymarine system has an:
- AIS receiver VHF GX-2150
- speed transducer (installed and functional- just not placed in thru hull currently- using GPS only for speed)
- Raymarine Depth transducer
- ST70 Instrument Controller
- ST60+ Wind and Close hauled Wind Instrument
- ST60 Depth Instrument
- ST60 Speed Instrument
- ST7000 PLUS Autopilot Control Unit

In case this ends up beyond my pay grade to make the new Axiom 9 (basic) talk to and integrate into the system, I am in the process of finding a tech to do the connections and setup. Problem being that the only Raymarine Certified tech company is 80 miles south or 100 miles north. Our local marine electronics suppliers rep other brands, sadly.

I did spend 30 years as an audio recording engineer, so troubleshooting and doing simple wiring is not completely foreign, but I am much more an operator than a technician, and this is the first boat I've had with a full complement of instruments.

Keen to learn though!

Thanks in advance Chuck, and hope this paints a clearer picture for you. Much appreciated, as always.

Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread