Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from E7 to Axiom 9 - cables/converters needed?
02-23-19, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-19 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from E7 to Axiom 9 - cables/converters needed?
Update Chuck: in the homestretch!

A methodical, wiring savvy sailing friend and I spent the past two days sleuthing our way through getting the various parts and cables connected, including a Furuno NMEA converter (suggested and supplied by ROTON Marine in Vancouver, who also sold me the Axiom 9 at the Boat Show) to hookup the Standard Horizons VHF AIS receiver at the cabin chart table to the system. That was the toughest as the colour coding on the AIS and GPS send receive cables isn't industry standard.

A call to the very knowledgable and helpful Furuno tech in Washington State got that sorted out and the hot wrench and shrink wrap heat gun has it all looking ship ship and diagrammed for future reference.

Today working on the Axiom 9 mounting and then the long deep dive into operations. But everything is talking and happy. Thanks for your part too.

Going to the manuals too to see if it's just proper setup that needs to happen with the Axiom, to sort the connection of the autohelm, that doesn't show up on the Axiom connected device list at this point.

AIS overlay is happening fine and radar screen and wind seems to be functioning.

Almost there. Can my Raymarine ST7000+ Autohelm be connected and talked into following routes created and run on the Axiom 9?

If so, and a converter device is needed, can the newly bought and connected FURUNO IF-NMEA2K2 that we have in the system now for the AIS VHF receiver overlay, somehow also be used with the ST7000+, or is a seperate device converter required for the Autohelm. Or?

In for a penny, in for a pound!

Thanks,

Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from E7 to Axiom 9 - cables/converters needed? - scottotheforest - 02-23-19 11:03 AM