Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Marking Fish in Deeper water
02-26-19, 08:07 PM
RE: [TG11] Marking Fish in Deeper water
Hi George,

This question which I've just answered posted a very similar question, worth having a look. For bottom-tracking in 500-1000m I'd say CP370 with 1kW transducer as a minimum, CP470 with 1kW as the recommended system.

If you want to track the bottom whilst also looking for pelagics (running two very different range scales at once) then you really need CP570 rather than CP470. One example of this is people fishing for marlin in Seal Rocks canyons, NSW. A CP470 will track the bottom in over 1000m at trolling speeds, but if you also try to look at the near-surface layers split-screen, dual-range, then the CP470 has to alternate pings between the shallow and deep ranges and you end up with an unusably slow ping-rate for the shallow range. The CP570 has dual independent transceivers and can ping two different ping rates on the two ranges, fast/shallow and slow/deep.

As I mentioned to the other poster, there are a lot of different transducer options for different mounting styles and fishing types, so you should go through that with us or your dealer before making a decision about a specific transducer. There's no one-size-fits-all.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Marking Fish in Deeper water - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-26-19 08:07 PM