The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse 3 and older course computers
03-05-19, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-19 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Lighthouse 3 and older course computers
I have an es98 running Lighthouse 2 software which enables me to use Navionic dock to dock routing and control my 12 year old S3g autopilot pretty much seamlessly.

I have just downloaded the two iso update softwares to separate sd cards ready to upgrade the unit later this month. It was last updated over wifi to the latest available in early September 2018 but I am a long way from the boat so can't bring up the actual version number.

I researched compatibility as best i could and the only real feedback I could glean was Chuck saying in thread "The only limitation would be that the autopilot controls feature supported by LightHouse 3 software may not be exercised with the autopilot." http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.ph...pid=21591. At the moment I use both the MFD and an i70s control head.

Three questions arise to consider the upgrade
1. Would I loose the dock to dock functionality I have with the autopilot?
2. Is there an order to install the raymarine_atom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso and ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso I have downloaded?
2. If I don't like it can I downgrade the new software having tried it?

Oceanis 40 es98 CPT110, AIS 650 dedicated aerial and gps, two i70s, transponder - digital depth speed temperature -ST60 masthead wind via analogue to stng pod, P70s control head, Seatalkng to Seatalk interface to S3g autopilot to type 2 linear drive & Ray240e VHF both aquiring gps via Seatalk interface.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Lighthouse 3 and older course computers - developers - 03-05-19 07:38 AM