The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions about networking
03-08-19, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-19 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Questions about networking
I'm trying to select a fairly inexpensive fishfinder system and had some questions for you folks...

Are the sonar transducers ethernet devices? One of the reason I ask is because I'd like to extend the length between the MFD and the transducer way beyond what's recommended and if it's an ethernet device, that should be pretty easy. I came across the iTC-5, which is an obsolete device that converts analog transducer signals to ethernet for use on the SeaTalk network, but since it's obsolete and I can't find a the newer equivalent, it has me thinking that transducers are now ethernet devices. Also, if they are ethernet, can you connect them to your laptop for use with the RayTech software without the MFD? Aaaaand last one for now, is the aSeries the entry level MFD with network ability? I don't want a sonar module and am hoping you can just buy a MFD with transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Questions about networking - corndog - 03-08-19 01:41 PM