The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] SeaTalk Converter vs Connector
03-08-19, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-19 05:15 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] SeaTalk Converter vs Connector
I've searched, but not found exactly what I'm asking here. I have an existing Autohelm ST5000+ that is not currently networked to anything. I'm adding two E120 Classic MFDs, as well as the 10kw open array radar. I want the Autohelm to interface with the E120's. I've read all about needing a properly powered and terminated Seatalk-NG backbone. My question lies in my options for components to accomplish this.

After searching, it seems I have two options...

1) A Raymarine SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalk-NG Converter Kit (E22158) [which has two blue, two white, and one yellow ports], plus a Raymarine E Series to SeaTalk-NG Adaptor (A06061);

OR

2) A Raymarine SeaTalk-NG Starter Kit (T70134) [which has two blue and three white ports], plus a Raymarine Adaptor Cable SeaTalk1 to SeaTalk-NG (A06047), plus the Raymarine E Series to SeaTalk-NG Adaptor (A06061) from above;

Option #1 has a 5-port Converter with one yellow port. Option #2 has a 5-port connector with no yellow port. Are these both viable solutions? Is one preferred over the other?

Thanks very much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] SeaTalk Converter vs Connector - Tizor - 03-08-19 07:20 PM